- Canadian Association of Home & Property Inspectors is a not-for-profit professional society established in the late 1980's whose volunteer membership consists of private, fee-paid home inspectors. CAHPI's objectives include promotion of excellence within the profession and continual improvement of its member's inspection services to the public.
- The Standards of Practice is a set of guidelines for home inspectors to follow in the performance of their inspections. They are the most widely accepted home inspection guideline in use, and include all the homes major systems and components. Many related professionals recognize the Standards of Practice and Code of Ethic's as the definitive standard for professional performance in the industry. A copy of the CAHPI standards is included in the detailed report.
- The standards are applicable to buildings containing four or less dwelling units.
- IBI is a former Associate Member of CAHPI.
- Wood Energy Technology Transfer Inc. (WETT Inc.) is a non-profit training and education association managed by a volunteer Board of Directors elected by holders of valid WETT certificates. Through its administrative designate, WETT Inc. functions as the national registrar of the WETT program. Through professional training and public education, WETT Inc. promotes the safe and effective use of wood burning systems in Canada.
| Purpose and Scope | The IBI Team | Inspection Standards | Services and Rates | Exclusions and
Limitations | Definitions | Request for Quotation Form | Related Links | Contact IBI |
Web Design by: Little Web Pages